In 1953, “Tex” and Margie Taylor bought O’Kelley’s Tavern on the corner of Olympic Blvd. and Western Ave., just west of downtown Los Angeles. What began as Taylor’s Tavern, the “Biggest Little Bar in Los Angeles” soon grew to become Taylor’s Steak House, one of L.A.’s most popular eateries.
The Family Business Lives On
In 1970, to accommodate a growing clientele, they relocated a few blocks away to their present location at Eighth St. and Ardmore in the Mid-Wilshire district. The elegant old world setting, with a full bar, private tables and a group room for private functions, became and continues to be a destination for a diverse clientele, including many celebrities.
In 1978 Margie and “Tex” retired to Solana Beach and son Bruce took over the reins and continues the Taylor tradition. In 1995, Bruce sought to bring the landmark restaurant to the Foothills where he and his family lived.
Bruce found the perfect location on Foothill Blvd. in La Canada-Flintridge. In March 1996, the second location was opened and has continued to expand and grow. Remodeled in 2009, this location includes a Wine Room with seating, private tables, a group room for private functions and an outdoor patio complete with fireplace.
For over forty-six years, Taylor’s has been dedicated to providing the finest aged, corn-fed prime and certified Angus Beef available at affordable prices. Thank you for dining at Taylor’s.